Friday, August 12, 2011

A Blaxploitation Star Wars Youtube Gem

At long last! "Blackstar Warrior," an awesome Lando Calrisian blaxploitation version of Star Wars. The feel and look of it match the tone of the original series far better than the later prequels, continuing to prove something about a certain creator being both tone-deaf and hyper-wealthy.

I'm as proud to introduce this today as I was to highlight the Predator Musical or the Conan the Barbarian: The Musical. Don't you enjoy this as much as I do?


Or aren't you cool?

2 comments:

  1. That was pretty awesome. I'd definitely watch that film.

    It looks way better than The Phantom Menace anyway...
    And certainly cooler than most films. It kind of reminded me of Black Dynamite, which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jack! Darkstar Warrior is all sorts of awesome, and it's definitely something I'd watch. Good call with the Black Dynamite comparison; I loved that flick.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in!