Thursday, December 29, 2011

Things

The cat head mix of  The Dark Knight Rises trailer is "meh"
So we come to the end of the year, and a little wrapup. It's a nice, if cheesy, moment, especially since 2011 was great for this blog.

I'm very proud of the pace I kept from January to September. I've never sustained an effort like that, and I'm glad I didn't sacrifice quality for it. I streamlined my reviews a little (i.e., used fewer words). I kept up with news about my pet topics - online video options and the "streaming wars," unneccessary remakes/sequels...


So what's left? I should pick more movies to see and review, and decide if I want to expand my coverage to news on other aspects of film. More importantly, I have to choose a posting schedule for the new year; honestly, I'm still undecided. And, to that end, I'm open to suggestions on all of the above.

I have some new entries prepared, but I don't want to jump back in yet. It's a good time to consider what's next and how I'm going to handle it. In 2011, I saw what I could do with this blog. I'll see how I can improve on that.

I'm sure 2012 will be even better. I wish all of you a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! What the fuck, cat head. But I love it. I'm excited to see what you've got in store for 2012! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? They went with cat heads, for no special reason...

    Thanks so much, I promise to make it worth your while! If you got any requests or suggestions, shout em out. I'm looking forward to what you're gonna do with this year's releases, too... Haywire, Looper, Cabin in the Woods - 2012 will rock.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in!