Thursday, March 22, 2012

Subtitles for "Bros," Back to the Future novel, Memento pic and more

Sorry I've been so silent, but I started a new job recently; between that, getting sick twice, and clients on the side, it's been hard to make time. I can only try to match the length of my absence with the coolness of this post, dedicated to great fan-made works.

There's a brilliant new tumblr out there: apparently, Universal decided to make a Back to the Future novel that was released when the original movie came out. No joke, and some sections of the book are flat-out crazy. Please check out "B to the F," one of the coolest new tumblrs to come around in a while...

A little while ago, I was laughing so hard I was basically helpless. That's what happened when AV Club (via the daily what) introduced me to "subtitles for bros," and I saw a picture of the court scene in To Kill a Mockingbird. I found the whole video they put together, so please enjoy it below:

I may not like "bros," but I could watch this all day.

Some kind souls put together a timeline chart for Memento. I'm not certain how accurate it is (I wanna do a little research later), but if you want to even start to think about how confusing Memento can be, this is a great place to start...
See? See that pic on the right? You need three different lines just to address what happened and what the audience saw! Total craziness.

Of course, I have the suspicion that at least one more line might be needed to put this together; I'll save that kind of effort for another time (although Primer would be equally deserving of such treatment).

And, finally, because I like to throw a curveball every now and then, here's a link to a video of Darth Vader making breathing noises... for 10 hours. I was going to embed that as well, then it felt a little excessive. By at least a few hours.

More to come shortly, all. New reviews and articles are prepped and just need some finishing touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!