Saturday, September 29, 2012

End of September Thoughts and Thought-Like Things

So the month is just about done. As predicted, I broke my monthly hit count record by about 3,000 site hits. In short, I'm proud and flattered. I pushed past 350 total posts, but I chose not to celebrate it like before. I just have my sights set on #400. Maybe I'll take time out for that...

I'll have some news for this blog soon - change is a-comin'. You may have a chance to get me in different formats and such. I could end up posting 30 times in October, for all I know; and 13 of those might wind up as reviewing with others entries. I've been busy, but not just on this site....

Trust me, October's gonna be very exciting and different for Net-flixation.

Still, I think I'll stick with once a week Fan-made Gems, Questions, and (most of all) Reviews. I will try harder to cover more films here, not just the Indie reviews at Man, I Love Films. That's gonna be easier as some pictures have come out that I really want to share with you:

Looper is finally in theaters, and I'm just waiting for the right time to go see it. Beasts of the Southern Wild. Butter. The Imposter. The Perks of Being a Wallflower. And there are many others...

I expect to have a new MRQ, the twelfth one, ready for next month. That'll be another run through 7 films, reviewing them in a few paragraphs (or sentences). I will review one horror film next month, but I have no other Halloween/Samhain plans, at least as Half a Film Student.

Taking one last look back at what I did here, my favorite Fan-made Gem was the RomCom tumblr. I loved the film posters photoshopped to add the GOP's 2012 candidate, Mitt Romney. I nearly hurt myself laughing at them.

Out of all my September viewing, I liked Searching for Sonny best. If I bothered to name a movie of the month, Searching would take it.

I hope you all liked the Questions this time around. My favorite was the one for Sept 17-23; I've been mocking that Untouchables scene for years. Any requests? Feel free to send me one if you want my take on a movie problem...

I hope you liked this month's entries. It was a lot of fun to write, so it should have been be a lot of fun to read. Browse the site as you like, tell all your friends to read and adore me, and let's move on together into October. There will be even more fun in it for all of us...

Half a Film Student

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!