Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reviewing with Others, Pt. 19: Id-iology

I can't tell you how happy I was to watch Id-iology. The director got in touch with me and sent me a screener, along with a hand-written note saying that he wanted me to keep and enjoy the disc.

Although this was a tremendously classy move, it didn't influence my opinion. And it didn't need to, since Id-iology was a challenging and smart piece that really made great use of its characters, theses, and premise. It wasn't the easiest film I've ever watched - it's more Cronenberg than Chris Columbus, if you follow, but it was engaging and rewarding.

You can read my full review at Man, I Love Films. It'll go live at 9:30 A.M., EST. Id-iology won't be available on DVD until later this year, but I will post again when it is up, and I suggest you check it out. It's fine food for thought, and a solid actor's showcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!