Monday, October 22, 2012

Best Death EVER: A Youtube Gem

I'm not f--king around today. Life's too short for that, and I have so much work to do. And me being brief fits today's Fan-made Gem like a glove.

I've seen the best death ever.

I'm not talking about

  • the best dramatic death, or 
  • the best scifi/horror/fantasy/comedy death, or 
  • the best documentary death, 
No, this tasty little Gem is the best cinematic death ever. Observe, and weep that you lived to see this moment:




I consider myself a pretty good comedian, but I'm blown away. This doesn't stop being funny until it's over, and I had no idea that was possible. How does it keep me laughing the whole way through? Actually, no wait - this clip is still funny long after you've first seen it.

Alright, now that we've shared that moment, I have to go. Tomorrow morning, I'll have a new post, probably... a News entry. I don't do enough of those anymore...


[10/22/12 UPDATE: Early this morning, there was a rights claim on that clip - which is insane, because it's from a 70's Turkish film and that makes no sense to me. Anyway, I embedded another version at 8:06 P.M. I'd've added it earlier, but I don't like, y'know, getting fired to correct a video 12 hours after posting...

10/31/12 UPDATE: Down again, and now up again, because I care enough to fix these things when they're on my mind. If it's pulled again, tho, I will concede and leave you search term suggestions, perhaps, to find it on your own.]
12/21/12 UPDATE: Again! These jerks don't realize that their movie is roughly 40 years old, and it's getting more popularity than ever because of this, do they? They also don't realize the clip is so short, it should be fair use - except for the stupid DMCA and its hyperactive takedown provisions that favor corporate boorishness.]

6/25/13 UPDATE: I'll find a new copy by this Thursday/Friday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!