Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Random Bill Murray Greatness News

Just a quick news post today, one which I could've easily called Great Moments in Bill Murray's Real Life. So last week, I read something incredibly funny about everybody's main man, Bill Murray. Like many people, I've loved Bill Murray's work in a great number of films since I was just a wee child: Mad Dog and Glory, Groundhog Day, Ghostbusters, Lost in Translation, Rushmore, Quick Change...

And, as for so many others, my first taste of Murray was Carl Spackler in Caddyshack.



So last week, I noticed this first through my usual news source, AV Club. Three days later, my friend Scott G. pointed out the same news, repeated on the New York Post's site - a paper that New Yorkers either despise or read. I say if you buy the Post, you should then buy an adult magazine and use that magazine to hide the Post, because that's more shameful. Despite my feelings, I just had to follow the link to confirm.

The NY Post chose to include wholesale quotes from Will Harris' AV Club interview with the wonderful Kelly Lynch (who I simply forgot to add to my Question entry on actors I want to see more of). It was a pretty thorough phone interview, covering the many roles Ms. Lynch has played. Since the newspaper already copied some of the text wholesale, I'll do more or less the same.

In essence, the super-amazing Bill Murray is even more incredible than I thought. He's friends with Kelly Lynch and her husband, Mitch Glazer. In fact, Murray lobbied for Glazer to write on Charlie's Angels because Murray felt the film wasn't very funny, and that Glazer could fix that problem (Bill was right, btw). It must be fun for these industry pros with a wide range of experience to be on such good terms.

But you have to imagine that, no matter how cool Bill Murray truly is, being the personal friend of one of the best comedians ever - that kind of thing might involve you in all sorts of tricks and jokes. Well, you'd be imagining right:
Kelly Lynch - By the way, speaking of Bill Murray, every time Road House is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV—and they’re always watching TV—one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler], “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” [Away from the receiver.] What? Oh, my God. Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia
HAHAHAHAHA! Bless you, Bill, that's hysterical and deliciously annoying! But that's not all:
Kelly Lynch - ...And God help me when AMC’s doing their Road House marathon, because I know the phone is just going to keep ringing. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 3 in morning. “Hi, Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now…” 
I could only find a mature-rated video to link to on youtube, so you'll only be able to see this if you're of age and are signed into one of Google's sites right now. It's the Lynch/Swayze love scene from Roadhouse:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!