Monday, December 31, 2012

Why is Save the Date no longer in theaters?!

I haven't had a lot of days off this December. Actually, I'm at work today, just like I was on Christmas Eve (til 9pm!), and just like I was for half of the Saturdays and Sundays this month. As you can imagine, it's made trips to the theater a little difficult. I was very happy to have this weekend to rest, and I figured I would see a movie.

But a relative asked me to save Django for them, and I decided to see if I could take my mother and brother to see The Hobbit. Yet, even before I got the special request to hold off on Tarantino's latest, I decided which movie I would watch: Save the Date, the dramedy about two sisters and how they deal with their relationships with each other and with men; it stars Alison Brie and Lizzy Caplan.

Great shot!

As you can tell by this post's title, I wasn't able to find tickets no matter who thoroughly I searched on Fandango and Movietickets.com.

Seriously, what gives? This movie came out 16 days ago in limited release and it's not playing in any of the dozens of movie theaters in the five boroughs! I know that a lot of movies come out at the end of the year, and I know a lot of it is kid-fare that really drives most movie ticket sales, and that's just peachy for everyone involved. I remember how much fun it was to catch movies during this dead spell with an early end to the college/high school semester, as well as tons of days off from work.

There's just no damn sense in this movie being unavailable in every single theater in this town. I had hoped to make it my last review of the year... I hate griping on the 420th post on Net-flixation, but I definitely wanted to see this on a big screen. Instead, I'm going to have to check Youtube, iTunes, and Amazon and see who will charge the least for me to watch a motion picture on a 15-inch screen. Screw this, I'm plugging my laptop into my TV...

There's one final post coming out today, a wrapup of the blog for 2012 wherein I pat myself on the back, thank DJ for his contributions, and list my own favorite posts for this soon-to-become-history year. It'll go up in about 25 minutes, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Thank all of you for reading, for understanding, and for sharing my passion for film. Thank you for all of your comments, and please keep chiming in.

And if you have any word on Save the Date, please let me know. grumble grumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!