Friday, April 19, 2013

Funny or Die's Steve Jobs Feature-Length Biopic

This week, Funny or Die amazed me while getting ahead of the pack, too. It's hardly the first or the last time that FoD has produced something that blew my socks off. However, I'd have to say Funny or Die's Steve Jobs Biopic is among the most impressive videos they've ever made (a list which is getting pretty long). It's rather aptly titled iSteve.

They got Justin Long (I've seen 4 films of his, now) to lead a cast of about 24 people in a 78-minute documentary about the Apple CEO/billionaire who succumbed to cancer in 2011. You should get ready to laugh pretty hard at this ambitious work. Unfortunately, FoD doesn't allow embedding of the full video, so follow the link above to check it out. However, they will let me show you the trailer:


As to some minor site news: as of now, I'm 8 posts shy of 500, and 800-ish hits to go before I break 100k, with less than one week until this site's 4th anniversary. And I've been super-busy with work and adjusting to my new home and unpacking - I haven't been able to make every day's post a complete mind-blowing knockout, as I only have so many hours in the day.

However, the weekend will give me lots of time to write, and the reviews are about to come back very, very soon, and I'll be making the most of the chance to celebrate all these milestones with you. I should have one off-site review up by Sunday.

My best to you all - be safe, be well, be happy,
Half a Film Student

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!