Monday, April 8, 2013

Huey Lewis Talks American Psycho with Weird Al

I don't think it's exaggerating too badly to claim that Funny or Die deserves a lifetime achievement Oscar for creating this excellent video. I loved the fan who tracked all the restaurants in American Psycho, and I really loved the American Psycho/Pokemon crossover video, but today's entry really takes the top prize.

I learned about this vid mid-day on April 3rd, but I didn't have time to post it right away; I was too busy preparing other posts and some meetings. I wanted to get this up before it would appear on a whole lot of other sites - I'd love to say I was the first to show you this - but I had my priorities. Either way, I can correct my failure now:


I love that the actual film's footage runs in the background while this conversation goes on, and Huey Lewis' delivery is just perfect. Al Yankovic does a great job of lounging about idly, and he actually somehow reminds me of Chloe Sevigny's role. Now more than ever, I am reminded of all those times that I thought Lewis was the evil front desk guy in Die Hard (scroll down to the 4th paragraph). Every time I see that bad guy die at the end of DH, I start humming "Heart of Rock N Roll" just before the bullet hits him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!