Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Under Siege: The Silent Movie

And lo there came a time when some horrific genius calling themselves supercutonline uploaded one of the greatest Fan-made Gems ever: Under Siege recut as a silent film. And people saw it, and were contented.

If you can't take 8 and a half minutes in your day to watch this clip, you maybe shouldn't call yourself a film fan. A far wiser poster, named Vincent Mancini, has noted how Under Siege was a breakaway hit, and how it actually has a special place in Steven Seagal's career.


I even love the punctuation errors and unnecessary commas.
*Many Gun Shots*
*Destroyed submarine noise*

UPDATE: This entry originally went up at 7:12 AM on May 2nd (today), but DJ rightly pointed out that it was pretty stupid to not have the Iron Man 3 review at the top of the page. As soon as I thought about it, it was a no-brainer. Technically, this entry is still post #501 in my mind. Thanks, DJ!...

2 comments:

  1. That was...an interesting show of dedication. Not sure it's necessary, and I can't say I thought it was hilarious, but I'm kind of glad it exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I oversold it a little, but I haven't seen that movie in ages, and I genuinely forgot that it was probably his biggest success ever. And the knife-fighting was... amazing?

      My enthusiasm is, it's true, largely for the fact that people are putting some thought and creativity into the entertainment that so many others consume mindlessly!

      Delete

Chime in!