Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Teaser Trailer for the Id-iology Director's Next Film

Last year, one of the most difficult-but-rewarding movies that I watched and reviewed for Man, I Love Films was Id-iology. The director, Will' Terran, presented viewers with a group of dysfunctional, damaged people, then made us watch along as their psyches and lives spiraled into deeper unpleasantness.

It would have been so easy to write off the picture as the emotional equivalent of a snuff film - that's how I largely responded to Boys Don't Cry and Breaking the Waves - but, I instead found that it had a lot to say and ask about these troubled souls. It presented a playwright's sense of character and drama, with fine performances from the cast. Whereas Eli Roth uses torture to do no more than make an audience feel stimulated (in the worst sense) or shocked (in the cheapest way), Mr. Terran was presenting us with all sorts of philosophical/psychological/artistic themes and whatnot. I was impressed instead of just repulsed, and was happy to promote its release on DVD in February of this year.

So I was terribly happy when he shot me an email in June, inviting me to check out the trailer for his next work. The guy proves to be an ongoing champ when it comes titling his creations, as this one is (so smartly) called The Twisted Death of a Lonely Madman. I know someday that I will visit London again, and when I do, I'm going to ask Will' if he wants to meet up; it'll be too good an opportunity to miss. I may do a lot of lawyering by day, but it's art that really turns me on (in the non-sexual sense).

When I saw the synopsis for the picture, I felt a happy little buzz of anticipation, too:
An agoraphobic Internet worker tries to survive the intimidations of a psycho and the seductive lures of a starlet in his computer system.
And with that bit of info, let's watch the teaser trailer together now, shall we?:

"The Twisted Death of a Lonely Madman" Teaser 1 from Black Barn Productions on Vimeo.


You can also find the trailer here on Vimeo. I hope you start anticipating this solid artist's output as much as I do. I'm already looking forward to watching the finished film at a later date...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!