Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Reviewing with Others Pt. 46: 100 Yen

Well, it's an hour and 40 minutes later than I planned for, but my latest indie screener review is ready. The film is called 100 Yen, and it's a documentary about Japanese video arcades - why their popularity has been so enduring, how they're different than their US counterparts, the origins of Japanese arcades, as well as the big trends in game styles.

I have long ago greatly curtailed my video game activities, but the premise alone and the chance to learn about some cultural differences was a huge appeal. I also wanted to see what the Japanese did with their devices - they are to technology as the French are to wine. My review went up about 6 minutes ago and you can read it here at Man, I Love Films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!