Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Great Moments in... Insane Celeb Ads (Non-Japan Ed.)

Great Moments in... . This time out, I was browsing the web for a good set of clips from a Lance Henriksen film, and I stumbled onto this: a commercial for Flame beer, directed by Adam Strange. I didn't wanna alter my schedule, but I have too much respect for batshit insanity.


The sheer ridiculousness of this ad, and Lance's commitment to portraying a crazy supervillain/brewer with a flair for talking about pain and punishment... Anyway, it's the craziest thing I've seen aside from those ludicrous Japanese commercials I showed you all a while ago.

I mean, I'm genuinely wondering whether Lance's Chairman/CEO/Man in Charge is a representative from some sort of demonic cult. And that is a pretty rare accomplishment for a beer ad...

2 comments:

  1. What I love is the one glove he's wearing. It's a little bit "Im going to be grabbing this supposedly very cold beer" and a little bit Han from Enter the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, nice one! And don't forget Khan!

      My preferred interpretation is that this insidious product is so dangerous that the prototypes cannot yet be touched with a bare hand. I want to see Lance punish bad employees by making them touch a bottle of Flame - they just buckle and scream, unable to let go...

      Delete

Chime in!