Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mitt Romney Doc Coming to Netflix

Only three times, in 2012, did I mix some politics in with my film and tv coverage. I didn't talk about my preferences or opinions, but movie lovers seemed to be really inspired by Mitt Romney.

Something about this candidate really urged people to have fun, and the results were undeniable. The "Rom-Com" posters were excellent, Joss Whedon's endorsement of Romney was shockingly-funny, and the post-election T2 gif was beyond brilliant.

So, it was with some interest that I noted New York magazine's post in December. There, they revealed that on January 24, 2014, Netflix would receive a documentary that followed Mitt on the campaign trail. 6 years of documentary footage would finally be revealed to the public.

I can't improve on New York writer Dan Amira's big take-away here: a scene of Mitt Romney carefully ironing a tuxedo while wearing it.


Other than breathless laughter, I don't really know what else to add. Mark January 24 on your calendars, people...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!