Monday, January 19, 2015

Reviewing with Others, Pt. 76, sorta: Academy Award Nominations

Last week, I was asked for some Oscar thoughts by the site for which I write indie movie reviews, Man I Love Films They wanted to do a group post from all the writers, much like I suggested we should do when The Dark Knight Rises came out. You can check that post out here.

I prepared some nice thoughts, but was told there was a two paragraph limit. I amended my comments accordingly... only to find that several of my colleagues exceeded the limits. It's not really a complaint, because the site's owners were the big ones to run over, and it's their right... Yet it means that I definitely have to post a longer version soon. That will go onto the pile of posts that I should have ready in the next week. I'm a little under the weather right now, so fortunately (hahahaha), I'll have time to get everything polished and published.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your full take on the Oscars but agreeing so far with what you got to say so far. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I won't have comments on every nomination or snub, but I did have a lot of thoughts about this year's listings.

      And don't worry, it's just a flesh wound!

      Delete

Chime in!