Friday, April 17, 2015

WTH, Amazon Marketing?!

I see this in my inbox this morning. The funny thing is that I love Orphan Black, and have idly thought of how to recommend the series without spoiling the hell out of it in the process.

But there's so much that's wrong here, and it's not the first time I've taken issue with Amazon's marketing. For one thing, today marks the premiere of Orphan Black's third season. The ordinal number in the last sentence is pretty important, because watching the entire first season won't get anyone prepared for - or interested in watching - the events in season 3.

It also represents a further failure in marketing because, as I noted in yesterday's Justified post, I already have Amazon Prime and so can watch seasons 1 and 2 of Orphan Black whenever the hell I want. In fact, I still haven't seen the second batch yet, and have just been waiting for a week when I have the time and desire to check it out. Amazon should be able to tell that I am a Prime member and send me something an email that's tailored to people who signed up for that service...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!